Within a span of around two years, Reliance Jio has completely changed the market of telecom services in India. By offering lots of free data to its customers in the initial days to very low priced tariff plans later, Jio’s run so far has been a home run. Now Jio is the third biggest telecom operator out there in India with over 300 million subscribers. But that’s not all, Jio also stepped onto the merchant payment industry. To allow swift cashless transactions, the Jio Money app was launched in the market. Following on that, Jio is now launching a PoS device for the merchant community by the name “Jio Prime Partner“.
What is Jio Prime Partner?
Jio prime partner is basically a device that will allow merchants to collect cashless money from their customers via UPI, wallets and mostly credit and debit cards. They can installed on all local stalls and even malls to give the customers the convenience of going cashless. The Prime Partner PoS device packed with features like 4G connectivity, Tap and pay, bill printer, 2D/3D barcode scanner and much more. The device as a whole comes with the Jio Prime Partner app that controls all these functions.
Now Jio is known for their offers, and a device without an offer is highly unlikely. As a welcome offer, Jio’s PoS device comes with a complimentary 56 days usage. However, a security deposit of 3000 rupees needs to be made by the merchant as a form of security. But post the initial 56 days, the amount will be eventually refunded.
What Documents are Needed to Apply for Prime Partner?
To apply for the PoS device, a merchant needs to submit the following documents :
- Voter ID/ Passport/ Aadhar card/ Driver’s License (Expect MH Issued).
- Trade License/ Registration Certification/ Business License issued by the Government.
- Bank Passbook Copy/ Bank verified Letter.
- Trust HUF deed/ Registered partnership/ Incorporation Certificate etc. (as applicable).
- Two photographs of all authorized signatories.
Charges & Fees
The aim of this device is to provide digital payment services to smaller scale merchants looking to expand their business. To do so, the charge set by Jio for each transaction is said to be pretty low. As of now, every credit card transaction charges 1.2% while any debit card transaction over 2000 rupees charges 0.4%. If the transaction is below 2000 rupees, then the transaction is charge free.
Jio Prime Partner Merchant Registration
Now how can a merchant get the device for himself? The process is actually very simple and hassle-free. First and foremost you will need to collect all your necessary documents as mentioned above. Then follow these steps to know how you can apply Jio PoS Machine:
- Visit jio.com/JPP and enter the name, address details, shop type, etc.
- Choose a date you prefer and click submit.
- Visit your nearest Jio center with the collected documents.
- Pay the required 3000 rupees security money, and the PoS machine is ready to be taken.
- After getting the machine, open up the Jio Prime Partner application.
- There you need to enter the credentials provided by Jio after the successful registration.
- On doing it successfully, You can access the merchant dashboard and manage all the transactions.